BIGM envisions carrying out multi-dimensional and multi-disciplinary research.
Currently, the researchers of BIGM give focus on six major topics based on their individual research interest and expertise. Several publications and research projects are being accomplished on the following priority areas:
- Governance and Public Policy, Political Ecology and Economy
- Various Aspects of Macroeconomics including Labor Economy and Income Inequality in Informal Sector
- Health Systems and Policy Research
- Energy, Environment, Environmental Security & Climate Change
- Use of Machine learning methods on Big datasets
- Human Resource Management and Development